Shredded Beef Tostadas – A Fiesta on a Plate!
These shredded beef tostadas are delicious. Try them with shredded chicken or skip both and pile on more avocado and beans for a vegetarian lunch or dinner.
– 8 corn tostadas (if you can not find these in your grocery store, use corn tortillas. Bake the corn tortillas at 350 degrees for five to seven minutes or until crisp. Do not use flour tortillas.)
– 1 lb. brisket flat cut
– two cups shredded Mexican white cheese or (Muenster works great too)
– one cup refried beans
– 3 avocados, smashed
– two cups of thinly shopped lettuce
– 3 small tomatoes, chopped small
– salsa of your choice
– Sour cream (optional)
– pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin
Assemble tostadas by spreading a layer of refried beans then a thin layer of avocado. Add shredded beef and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and salsa of your choice.
Serve and eat immediately.