Hidden Valley Sandwich Spreads & Dips
When my husband and I opened and tasted these spreads for the very first time, we were immediately impressed. We expected to taste that common mayonnaise flavor found in many spreads but that was not the case. Instead of mayonaise, they’re made with cream cheese and white beans! We tasted the oven roasted Garlic Parmesan and the Spicy Chipotle Pepper sandwich spreads. Others include country Herb Ranch and Smoked Bacon Ranch. Imagine the possibilities!
Although the product is marketed as a sandwich spread or dip, the versatility of the product will allow you to create countless recipes. My first thought was pizza! I used the spicy chipotle pepper spread to make a Mexican style homemade pizza with shredded beef, mozzarella, and bell peppers. I used the oven roasted garlic parmesan spread as the base for my husband’s favorite style of pizza which was topped with mozzarella, parmesan cheese, shredded chicken, tomatoes, and fresh avocado.
Both were AMAZING! I will definitely make this again and my mind is flooding with ideas of future, homemade pizza parties.
The spreads are available at your local grocery store with a retail price of $3.99 for a 12 oz. bottle. I used half a bottle for each pizza. The dough recipe below makes two pizza crusts.
Pizza Crust Dough Recipe:
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp. dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
– Sprinkle yeast onto warm water and let it sit
– In a large bowl, add flour and salt. Mix.
– Pour oil and mix with your hands until well incorporated
– Pour water and yeast and continue to mix. Dough will become extremely sticky.
-Form dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr. or until you are ready to use it. You can even make this the night before.
– When you are ready to use the dough, sprinkle a bit of flour over a large baking tray. Place dough on tray and extend it. Crust will be thin.
– Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove pizza crust from oven and add your favorite sauce and toppings. Place pizza back in the oven and finish baking for about 10-15 more minutes or until the edges begin to turn a golden color.